Two vacant positions
- one of two equal first concertmaster positions with duty to alternate on 1st and 2nd chair
- one second concertmaster position.
Application by submission of video recordings for 1st and 2nd round by October 31, 2022. A subsequent audition by personal attendance will take place in Trondheim on January 21 and 22, 2023.
- Bach – Adagio from Solo Sonata in G Minor (only for the video recording)
- Mozart – concerto No. 4 or 5, 1st movement until recapitulation, plus cadenza (only for the video recording)
- Beethoven – Violin Concerto, 2nd movement
- 1st movement from one of the following violin concerti:
- Bach – St. Matthew Passion
- Mozart – Rondo from Haffner Serenade
- Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade
- Strauss – Ein Heldenleben
- Strauss – Till Eulenspiegel
- Brahms – Symphony No. 1
- Berg – Lulu
- Ravel – Ma Mère l’Oye
- Grieg – Holberg suite – Rigaudon
- Shostakovich – Symphony No. 5
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 9 (tutti)
- Strauss – Don Juan (tutti)
- Mozart – Symphony No. 39 (tutti)
- Mozart – String Quartet No. 19 (Dissonance Quartet), 1st movement
- Dvorak – Quintet in E-flat Major, Op. 97, 2nd and 3rd movements
First and second round repertoire to prepare for video recording:
- Your chosen Mozart Concerto, 1st movement until recapitulation + cadenza – without accompaniment.
- Ein Heldenleben
- Bach, adagio
- Brahms, Symphony No. 1, 2nd movement
- Mozart 39 (tutti)
- Scheherazade, 2nd and 3rd movements
NB: Please note that we require you to make one uninterrupted video recording from the 1st round material from the beginning until the end. We ask you to do the same with the 2nd round material. It needs to be visually and audibly clear who is playing in the recording.
An orchestra round and trial period may be offered as part of the audition process. Subsequent interviews will be conducted to assess leadership suitability from a personality perspective. These interviews will be taken into consideration during the hiring process.
Date of commencement upon agreement.
For further information, please contact Dagfinn Krogsrud, firstname.lastname@example.org – phone number +47 402 33 761