Period: 9 -12 SEPT 2024
Age limit: Below 30 years at the time of the competition
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Application deadline: 5 APR 2024
The competition is open to violinists below the age of 30 at the time of the competition.
Exclusion of Russian and Belarusian candidates
Due to Russia´s illegal war against Ukraine, Princess Astrid IMC has found it necessary to exclude Russian and Belarusian candidates from the 2024 competition. This also applies to persons with Russian/Belarusian citizenships that are in exile and/or have dual citizenships. The Princess Astrid IMC regrets this situation, and hope to include all nations in future editions of the competition.
Rules and regulations
Before applying all applicants are required to read the Rules and regulations of the competition. By submitting an application the candidate automatically agrees to all statements in this document, and is obliged to follow these throughout the competition.
In the application form the candidate must give mandatory information such as name, date of birth, nationality, address and e-mail, as well as upload a CV, biography, artist picture and two application videos.
- The applicant must provide two videos with piano or orchestral accompaniment, in accordance with the repertoire requirements.
- The recordings must not be older than four years.
- The candidate must be clearly visible.
- Sound and picture quality should be of a high standard.
- Edited videos are not allowed.
- The video heading should contain name of applicant and title of the piece.
- Both videos are to be submitted as links in the application form. Please make sure they are valid and set to public.
When submitting an application, a non-refundable fee of 25 € must be paid i order for it to valid. Please follow the instructions of the application form.
Åse Våg Aaknes, project manager